[Starlink] Intro and a question

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Mon Jul 26 23:51:22 EDT 2021

I'm an Internet user, not a developer, but have studied the Internet in developing nations since the 1990s and have followed LEO satellites from VITA's store-and-forward email in Africa to China's planned GW broadband constellation.

My question is not about buffer bloat. Is this for real?
https://spacenews.com/tech-breakthrough-morphs-gigabit-wifi-into-terabit-satellite-internet/

Larry
[https://spacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SNSCv1.3-Fig0-210721x.png]<https://spacenews.com/tech-breakthrough-morphs-gigabit-wifi-into-terabit-satellite-internet/>
Tech Breakthrough Morphs Gigabit WiFi into Terabit Satellite Internet - SpaceNews<https://spacenews.com/tech-breakthrough-morphs-gigabit-wifi-into-terabit-satellite-internet/>
A highly unlikely, radically innovative synthesis of millimeter wave antenna design, digital communications coding, new-school terrestrial radio multi-signal processing and old-school satellite ...
spacenews.com