[Starlink] Of interest: Comcast AQM Paper

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Fri Jul 30 17:28:06 EDT 2021

 FYI that I will be presenting a lightning talk at the IRTF MAPRG meeting today at 17:30 ET (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/materials/agenda-111-maprg). The talk links to a just-published paper at https://arxiv.org/abs/2107.13968 (click PDF link in upper right of page) that will likely be of interest to these two lists.

High-level: turning on AQM in the cable modem (upstream queue) took working latency from around 250 ms to between 15-30 ms, which is actually kind of cool. ;-) AQM is turned on in all of our CMTSes (downstream queue) and in DOCSIS 3.1 modems (upstream queue).

Have a nice weekend,
Jason