[Starlink] Fwd: Microstate Accounting and the Nyquist problem

Mike Puchol mike at starlink.sx
Fri Jun 11 18:34:31 EDT 2021

We know that Starlink recalculates topology every 15 seconds (this guy, who obviously has way too much spare time, came up with an indirect observation of this interval: https://blog.beerriot.com/2021/02/14/starlink-raster-scan/ )

If we could align with this, we could at least know when potential changes in path delays happen, and try to observe other changes that happen at a similar cadence.

Other thoughts, try to plug more details out of the gRPC data, setup GPS-synced probes with a device at the exit PoP, measure differences between time-sync probes to an array of endpoints.

Has nobody attacked the JTAG connector on a Dishy yet?

Best,

Mike