[Starlink] GPS Dongle?

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Jun 14 16:18:31 EDT 2021

Yo Nathan!

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:13:55 -0700
Nathan Owens <nathan at nathan.io> wrote:

> I am able to buy the same chip, the uBlox M8Q as hat:
> https://www.amazon.com/MAX-M8Q-Raspberry-Multi-Constellation-Receiver-Support/dp/B08HJFYPGX/

Yeah, I saw that.  Looks good, but no reports on it yet. u.fl is OK,
but a PITA.  The antenna does not specify it works with Galileo.  You
want at least 15MHz to 20 Mhz for Galileo E1.  A "GPS" antenna is often
not good enough.  A good antenna would be marked as good for Galileo.
GLONASS needs a much wider bandwidth, but timing people turn off the
GLONASS as unstable.

For the price you can buy a better antenna if required.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588