[Starlink] Q

Dave Taht davet at teklibre.net
Wed Jun 23 14:18:48 EDT 2021

dear doc:

great article, thx, he’s already most of the way to the right page. Can you introduce us off list?

one hope is we do failover better using the mwan3 tool in openwrt instead of relying on ping but the supplied statistics.

Another is to get the starwrt codebase up on the supplied router. We already have plenty of qcom IPQ8014 routers under test in openwrt mainline, which is the chipset the starlink router is based on….

… but most of our new work had shifted over the mt76 chipsets and the higher end armada platfoems and there are three large things involving aql, wifi retries, and cake left to make work on the ath10k derived stuff that I’d hoped would make the final build...

public work over here stopped a while back, but we can resume.

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/59002