[Starlink] ordered my dishy!!

Dave Taht davet at teklibre.net
Thu Jun 24 21:00:58 EDT 2021

I ordered my dishy today. It looks like a couple months or more before I can get one… :(

I have all sorts of cool stuff for rock steady movement compensation and so forth on my sailboat here. I hope, that at least at anchor in pillar point harbor or nearby, that it will “just work”.  It’s been a useful place to debug and improve LTE and 5G behaviors for the past couple years.

When starlink gets movement truly mastered it will be *awesome*.

My LTE up on the mast is pretty amazing (I get 5+ miles and pretty good behavior from the cake instance and monitoring tools there) but there are many spots along the california coast (and obviously further out) that are dead zones.

The 100+W power requirements are going to hurt though! I just ordered another solar panel and some hefty lithium batteries.