[Starlink] dhcpv6-pd details

Nick Buraglio nick at buraglio.com
Mon May 17 17:02:23 EDT 2021

The issue with this methodology (which I have used myself) is that it
relies on the host stack to do the heavy lifting. Our draft handles most,
if not all of this at the CPE, which will allow for a significant amount of
flexibility and reduction of complexity at the host layer. That is a fairly
large oversight in the operational model for 90% of v6 users that aren't
running BGP. One goal we have is to reduce the time to connectivity
failover and make deterministic IPv6 paths easily implemented by
non-technical folks, and to create a standard for all CPE to implement with
as minimal CPU as possible.

nb