[Starlink] Starlink bufferbloat

Brenton Roskopf notnerb84 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 00:19:31 EDT 2021

I, too, have noticed inordinate amounts of latency concurrent with
aggressive file transfers and speed tests (with some healthy losses,
occasionally). Anything I can do to help with testing? Anywhere I can
"upvote" a support ticket or something? Already on:
https://starlinkstatus.space/stations

Not using the Starlink router. But have several openwrt instances (vm and
physical) and other routers connected over IPv4 CGNAT and IPv6 to the WAN
(I think 3 separate dual-stack configs and an IPv4-dedicated one). I am
also scripting dynamic DNS to godaddy if intra-network testing using iperf,
flent or some other tool is useful.

Just switched to 1.1.1.1 for DNS and seeing the DoH traffic, but, sadly,
haven't really noticed much relief. Recent dishy updates seem to have
improved things, but I did need to make significant tweaks to sysctl.conf
on my public-facing Linux VM in order to get decent speedtests using
speedtest-cli... Not really sure how to do that on a Windows system.

-the_notnerb