[Starlink] starlink <-> starlink tests over ivpv6

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:07:22 EDT 2021

I note that the tc command has json output, perhaps that can be parsed
by some tool and drops/marks/delay/backlog for cake

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 1:49 AM Annika Wickert <aw at awlnx.space> wrote:

> I setup dyndns to mine:
> starlink.awlnx.space it’s hosted via starlink ipv6 only (of course)

thx. I would like to distribute some scripts this weekend for testing
starlink <-> starlink. I think it
would be best to try for a videoconference of all the participants in
the test before then. I should
be available all day saturday and sunday, PDT, 9AM-11PM... Perhaps
sunday ? Does anyone here use doodle, or
can we pick a method to co-ordinate on a time?

The test driver is "flent", however clients need no more than
netserver (from netperf) and irtt client running.

The test suite might be:

rtt_fair_var - to/from as many hosts as are participating in the test
simultaneously.

rrul - this tests a ton of things like dscp support
rrul_be
tcp_nup 1 stream
tcp_nup 16 stream
tcp_ndown 1 stream
tcp_ndown 16 stream
and possibly a few others.

Ideally this would also include tests with sqm enabled also, and I'm
not sure to what extent that
has been tried by others yet. The most elegant qdisc to use is cake