[Starlink] starlink <-> starlink tests over ivpv6

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 26 16:54:00 EDT 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 7:11 AM Sascha Meinrath <sascha at thexlab.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm happy to put my dishy at the disposal of the group, but have been utterly
> crammed for time. That said, if folks want to walk me through what would be most
> helpful (i.e., specific equipment to plug in/access control to grant/etc.),
> happy to get that implemented so that folks can utilize this resource.

The simplest possible arrangement is a linux box directly in front of
the dishy not their supplied router. Nearly any kind will suffice, so
long as it can get an ipv6 address. I have a mild preference for the
current ubuntu, or the openwrt release candidate, but even centos
would suffice. Supplying our ssh keys for further configuration (if
needed) for other tests, like of DoH vs DNS. We prefer raw hardware
rather than a vm, to rule out interactions with vm jitter and
latencies. A raspi-4 is fine. x86_64 preferred.

Possible, but less useful, would be an osx box, configured to run
netserver and irtt, I can supply working binaries of each.

windows is right out.