[Starlink] Starlink tidbits from NANOG

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 14:29:29 EDT 2021

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 11:16 AM Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for bringing us this view..
>
> Darrell Budic <budic at onholyground.com> wrote:
>     > - v6 is deliberately
>     > not fully functional, but they know some of use are using it and it
>     > will eventually be fully activated. May be waiting on the regional
>     > connectivity, so will be intersting to see if changes for some areas
>     > and not others as they roll it out.
>
> Even if they used IPv6 for the "last mile" and ran NAT64, that would still be
> a major improvement over trying to run dual stack.   That's what the smarter
> mobile operators are already doing. (jio, some US carriers...)

have these operators have solved the mobility problem ipv6 has always had?

if not then I tend towards a custom l2 that supports anything on top
of it, which might
even include cool things like icn.
> --
> ]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
> ]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
> ]     mcr at sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC