[Starlink] something of a step backwards

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Nov 15 17:36:06 EST 2021

David P. Reed <dpreed at deepplum.com> wrote:
    > The mechanism for MITM'ing HTTPS connections is well known. I don't
    > intend to detail it here, but it is based on the fact that certs aren't
    > properly validated by client-end software and server-end software.

No, this is just not the case.
While there are occasionally issues that affect some strange corner case,
there are no issues in browsers available on any platforms I know of.

It can only be done in Enterprise cases where the Enterprise uses a
management system to push new anchors.  That part is "well-known".

As for blaming protocols when the fault is bufferbloat, you are definitely
right on.