[Starlink] thinking about the laser links again

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Oct 28 23:06:24 EDT 2021

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021, Dave Taht wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 6:51 PM David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>>
>> As a stunt, I think they will be able to do it fairly soon, using the satellites
>
> It would be a great stunt. Even with a few ground hops along the way,
> they should still be able to establish a speed record.

I wasn't thinking about this approach, I was talking about the possibility of
using satellites launched for polar coverage, go from New York north along one
string of satellites, and then back south along another string. That only takes
a couple strings in orbit, just wiht the right timing (which is why I called it
a stunt version)

David Lang