[Starlink] new subscribers to this list

Dave Täht davet at teklibre.net
Thu Apr 21 14:36:18 EDT 2022

There have been quite a few new subscribers to this mailing list
over the last few months. I'm comforted that at least some folk still
use email. Although other places like facebook and reddit are far more
popular to discuss starlink stuff, long form discussions in email
are still the primary means of communication for many of the older
denizens of the internet that are hanging out here.

We cracked 150 subscribers today!

Whilst my intent with founding this list was to somehow convince
starlink to deliver the first ISP network ever with good queuing latency,
based on the innovations the bufferbloat project had made starting in 2012,
I really enjoy the deep knowledge often displayed here about layers 2-9, and
the future of the internet in all its respects, the recent discussion
of the problems the south pacific region has going forward being a
wonderful example.

Ultimately quality internet access will be everywhere on earth,
and spread through the solar system, and it's fun to think about that.

It would be great if some of the new subscribers would introduce
themselves and their interests.

--
Fixing the Internet on a too-tight budget: https://patreon.com/dtaht
Dave Taht, Chief bottlewasher, TekLibre