[Starlink] SIGCOMM MIT paper: Starvation in e2e congestion control

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Aug 8 18:37:42 EDT 2022

To quote from Tom Clancy (Hunt for Red Octover IIRC), it's possible to both
increase security and increase access as a marine at a gate beats a padlock for
both

In computer security especially there are many examples of things that increase
security while decreasing error, increasing availablity, and (overall)
decreasing cost.

sometimes it's 'pick 2', but all to frequently people actually opt for 'none of
the above' (i.e. sub-optimal in all areas)

David Lang