[Starlink] Starlink "beam spread"

Mike Puchol mike at starlink.sx
Tue Aug 30 16:40:25 EDT 2022

Indeed, and that’s why I said you need to start getting creative.

If I can get a terminal that supplies 150 Mbps, I can provision 1.5 Mbps per customer to 100 customers. I can get a cheap OLT and run no more than 500 meters of EPON (cheaper than GPON) from the Starlink terminal, using splitters along the way, thus minimize risk of breaks and cuts. An EPON OLT supports 64 ONUs per port, so my cost is about $400 plus two SFPs at $50, total central CAPEX per customer $5. I amortize that with one month of service fee at $5...

I won’t do the full breakdown but you should get the idea :-)

Best,

Mike