[Starlink] Starlink Roaming

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Feb 21 15:52:56 EST 2022

that's what happened when I tried to use it ~60 miles away, but when I tried to
use it ~25 miles away I got the attached error very quickly.

I've used it at a couple locations 5-10 miles away without a problem

I asked starlink support about roaming and it's currently not supported, you can
change the registered location, and if a slot is available, they'll approve it
and guarantee service (view of the sky permitting). But when you do that you
give up the slot at your home location and are not guaranteed to be able to move
it back.

They told me that I could try it, and it may work, may be degraded a bit, or may
not work at all. They do plan to add roaming capabilities in the future (my
guess is that the laser satellites will enable a lot more flexibility)

David Lang