[Starlink] starlink at sea

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:20:43 EDT 2022

Two notes about this article

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/06/28/i-tried-elon-musks-starlink-internet-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship

1) Joy of joys they used the new ookla speedtest, which shows upload
and download latency under load.

2) They show 6 starlink terminals on one side of the ship, and 6 on
the other side (unless it's a reversed image). While I can imagine
that the downlink can manage that many terminals close by (but how?),
I find it hard to conceive that the uplinks can co-exist emitting that
much energy so few feet apart. Are modern phased arrays that good? Has
anyone experimented with how closely placed two terminals can be?

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC