[Starlink] starlink at sea

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 14 11:28:23 EDT 2022

Hi Mike,

On 14 July 2022 16:56:21 CEST, Mike Puchol via Starlink <starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>The handovers are clear from the RF traces,

         Can you estimate how long a handover takes? And are these linked somehow to either the 4second or 15second intervals visible in starlink latency traces?

Regards
        Sebastian

but they won’t indicate per se what satellite is being used. I have a cunning plan for a rotating vertical metal plate which, given the right calculations, would block 10° of the FOV, which would allow inference of the satellite in use. There are also narrowband uplink signals that are likely used for channel sounding and basic signaling between terminal and satellite.