[Starlink] starlink at sea (Larry Press)

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:17:38 EDT 2022

That article was referring to the O3b constellation. It looks like they are hoping to do well with the forthcoming mPower constellation:
https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/information-technology/ses-meet-soaring-cruise-bandwidth-demand-o3b-mpower

But it looks like Starlink is aggressively seeking their business:
https://advanced-television.com/2022/06/14/starlink-to-supply-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships/

Both seem to think they have the capacity to serve thousands of passengers on a cruise ship. At what cost?

It's cool to see some direct competition. They will compete with OneWeb in Alaska/Arctic too.

[https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/sites/seatrade-cruise.com/files/CRUISE_SES_SCG_Greg_Martin.jpg]<https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/information-technology/ses-meet-soaring-cruise-bandwidth-demand-o3b-mpower>
SES to meet soaring cruise bandwidth demand with O3b mPOWER<https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/information-technology/ses-meet-soaring-cruise-bandwidth-demand-o3b-mpower>
Its next-generation O3b mPOWER satellites going up later this year with Boeing and SpaceX will be capable of delivering multi-gigabit connectivity.The first six of 11 satellites are scheduled for launch in the third quarter. Service is expected to begin in early 2023. 'There's a lot of excitement about the launch of our new service and the upgrades coming with [mPOWER] over the next six to ...
www.seatrade-cruise.com