[Starlink] Optimized for Speedtest?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:51:24 EDT 2022

yes, they did seem to reduce the excessive buffering and load swings  on
the download to saner sizes back in august or so. 250ms of added latency is
about 5-10x more than they need tho, and hurts all interactive applications
like gaming or videoconferencing. Anything more than 250ms tends to start
"breaking the internet", as many of our protocols start timing out then and
send more packets, which eventually ends in congestion collapse....