[Starlink] Portability Now Available (fwd)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 23:11:52 EDT 2022

What are you using to drive the pop latency test?

(i was using irtt client -i3ms -d1h fremont.starlink.taht.net)

Is it a test of pure idle latency or do the spikes at (for example)
t+12m42s represent simultaneous traffic?

Is the peak of the graph there the actual peak, or not autoscaling to
the actual peak?

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 7:42 PM Mike Puchol <mike at starlink.sx> wrote:

> I did a one hour drive test combined with a data logger (calling it LeoBox for now), posted it compressed into 15’
>
> https://youtu.be/UExU-_VHWjA
>
> Best,
>
> Mike
> On May 6, 2022, 03:46 +0400, Larry Press <lpress at csudh.edu>, wrote:
>
> > In a week or two I'm going to take my dish out and drive around for a few hours
>
> Roaming in motion works -- see the updates at the end of this post:
> https://circleid.com/posts/20220225-spacex-is-testing-starlink-roaming
> But it's not yet officially supported.
>
> Elon Musk says it's working in Ukraine.
>
> Stationary roaming, portability, is now officially offered at extra cost and with some constraints:
> https://support.starlink.com/?topic=1426e78a-7384-0334-3fc0-ddf5a76d7afe
>
> Larry

FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC