[Starlink] ookla's latest speedtest app does latency under load

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:18:05 EDT 2022

Yea. peak 2500ms latency on download, 600ms on upload, that's about right.
:/ The upload figure appears to be a bit lower (better) than what I
measured 1 year ago, here (for the 30 or so new subscribers on this list,
this was why I started it):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1puRjUVxJ6cCv-rgQ_zn-jWZU9ae0jZbFATLf4PQKblM/edit

I don't know if ookla are throwing out arp related stuff, or using the 99th
percentile to calculate the final figure. I hope to learn more about their
calculations in the coming weeks.

I do keep hoping we can get more updated flent data over longer intervals
than 20s. With starlink changing their allocation scheme every 15s, what
number do you pick?

And like I said, some packet caps of this app would be good, too.