[Starlink] ookla's latest speedtest app does latency under load

Nitinder Mohan mohan at in.tum.de
Fri May 13 04:35:46 EDT 2022

Hi Brennen,

Super cool that Ookla supports this now. Gives a more realistic picture of the end-to-end connection :)

A quick question on the methodology. Do you report the RTTs from the same “warmed-up” TCP connection which is being used for download/upload or do you issue parallel ICMP/TCP pings alongside the download/upload TCP connection to report these latencies?

Thanks and Regards

Nitinder Mohan
Technical University Munich (TUM)
https://www.nitindermohan.com/