[Starlink] ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Mr. Clif clif at eugeneweb.com
Fri May 13 12:07:51 EDT 2022

Hi guys,

After waiting for over a year, a couple of weeks ago, our Starlink
terminal finally arrived. The original orders I placed never panned out,
and eventually were canceled, but when I heard about the new service map
feature on the Starlink site, it took all the guess work out of the
order process.

I live in Eugene but had to select some small town near the coast to
place the order. When it arrived, I tried to install the starlink app on
3 (Three) different android devices, but it refused... Grrrr. So I found
some third party Starlink app and tried that, but it would just exit
immediately.

Though the surprising thing is, that when I powered it up in Eugene, it
just worked without the app and despite Eugene not being available for
new service. I also tried it in another town that didn't have service
and it just worked. A couple of days later, we moved it about 50 miles
from the registered service area, also out in the boonies and it's been
working great ever since. Never touched the app, and never turned on
roaming.

Not sure how typical this is.

     Ciao,
     Clif