[Starlink] Hitting an atira asteroid with a spacex starship?

Dave Collier-Brown dave.collier-Brown at indexexchange.com
Thu Nov 3 14:11:36 EDT 2022

I recommend sticking a long piece of conductor to the satellite, rather than banging on it with spaceships (;-))

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Z-H-Zhu/publication/251422339_Deorbiting_Dynamics_of_Electrodynamic_Tether/links/5cd4446b299bf14d95849bc3/Deorbiting-Dynamics-of-Electrodynamic-Tether.pdf

(From York, one of my local universities)

As for the starship, it should treat asteroids like mines, and assume someone is trying to "sink" them.

--dave