[Starlink] Starlink no longer available to the Ukrainian army?

Mike Puchol mike at starlink.sx
Fri Oct 14 10:15:19 EDT 2022

We saw this in slums in Kenya. They are used to dozens of NGOs coming and going every year, usually lasting only as much as their donor/grant money. When we launched a commercial WiFi service, we had to make a huge effort to convince people they actually had to pay for the service, and that we were there to stay, not just another NGO offering free stuff.

In essence, once you give something away for free, not even setting the expectation that it’s a “freemium” model, it’s very hard to get out of it. If you then claim your costs are way higher than what analysis work out, eyebrows raise way above the hairline.

Best,

Mike