[Starlink] Starlink no longer available to the Ukrainian army?

tom at evslin.com tom at evslin.com
Fri Oct 14 15:13:16 EDT 2022

Putting aside the timing of Elon's complaint about cost right after the spat over his Ukrainian "peace plan", It is certainly reasonable for Starlink to get paid like other weapon suppliers who didn't give out free samples to prove their usefulness, Given that they should be reimbursed based on loaded cost plus profit like anyone else. I'm sure the other suppliers allocate their overhead costs when pricing weapon systems. They'd be out of business otherwise. The satellites are part of Starlink's fixed overhead so a portion of their costs should be allocated to service provided in Ukraine.

All that being said, it would be terrible if Ukraine got less than the best support that can be provided.