[Starlink] Starlink no longer available to the Ukrainian army?

David Lang david at lang.hm
Fri Oct 14 15:35:20 EDT 2022

some interesting tidbits in that article

1. 25k dishes rather than the 15k I had heard befor
2. they are providing full business rates rather than consumer rates
2a. it's interesting that they can do this with the consumer dishes, although a
lot of what I saw shipped were the gen1 (round) dishes, which may be better than
the gen 2 consumer dishes.

yes, the companies who manufacture the weapons have been paid in full.

I think it's worth pointing out that Starlink was never intended to be the
entire communications infrastructure for a country. I think it would be a very
interesting thing to investigate what the actual density of users and data usage
is (there is a graph posted, but I haven't tried to get a good enough copy of it
to see the units). It could confirm/refute the "starlink can't scale" argument

David Lang