[Starlink] How I hacked Starlink and got service for free without meaning to

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Sep 16 18:45:01 EDT 2022

I have told Starlink about this hole, so it should be closed before anyone
can take advantage.

I ordered two dishes, using two separate accounts, before you could order
more than one dish per account (I was on waiting lists for both). I then
returned using account A the dish I purchased using account B. This closed
both accounts, but the dish was working fine when I finally got to install
it at my remote site two days ago. 0 obstructions and 89 MBPS upload in the
middle of the day, my site is 35 miles from the earth station at Tionesta,
CA.

I'll give Dave Taht an account to test with when I'm finished configuring.

    Thanks

    Bruce

--
Bruce Perens K6BP