[Starlink] How I hacked Starlink and got service for free without meaning to

Jeremy Austin jeremy at aterlo.com
Fri Sep 16 19:23:04 EDT 2022

When capitalization matters.

JEremy

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 3:22 PM Dave Taht via Starlink <
starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> You are now the world record holder for uplink.
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022, 3:45 PM Bruce Perens via Starlink <
> starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>
>> I have told Starlink about this hole, so it should be closed before
>> anyone can take advantage.
>>
>> I ordered two dishes, using two separate accounts, before you could order
>> more than one dish per account (I was on waiting lists for both). I then
>> returned using account A the dish I purchased using account B. This closed
>> both accounts, but the dish was working fine when I finally got to install
>> it at my remote site two days ago. 0 obstructions and 89 MBPS upload in the
>> middle of the day, my site is 35 miles from the earth station at Tionesta,
>> CA.
>>
>> I'll give Dave Taht an account to test with when I'm finished configuring.
>>
>>     Thanks
>>
>>     Bruce
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Perens K6BP

[image: Company logo]
*Jeremy Austin*
Sr. Product Manager
*Preseem | Aterlo Networks*
Book a call: https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/jeremy548
1-833-773-7336 ext 718 *|* 1-907-803-5422
jeremy at aterlo.com
www.preseem.com
 [image: facebook icon] [image: twitter icon] [image: linkedin icon] [image:
youtube icon]
[image: Ask us about our new features today!]
<https://preseem.com/2021/10/news-preseem-wins-wispa-service-of-the-year-award-2021/>