[Starlink] Starlink "Best Effort" offering

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:04:13 EDT 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 1:59 PM Dotzero <dotzero at gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears they sent the email about best effort service to lots of people.

I imagine with them boasting about 1m routers made, that they have
inventory to ship! And really, if they
get the buffering under control, "best effort" would be pretty good, IMHO.

btw, today the cake-autorate team shipped v1.1 of the code, tested
against lte, 5g, cable and starlink. They've made
good progress on detecting when network conditions deteriorate and
recover. Give it a shot via:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cake-w-adaptive-bandwidth/135379/2