[Starlink] Starlink "Best Effort" offering

Eugene Y Chang eugene.chang at ieee.org
Wed Sep 28 20:40:35 EDT 2022

Yes and no.

Yes they can beef up the constellation, one section at a time. (For a given launch, the are enhancing a particular orbit.)

Depending on your definition of “one area” when you say “not in any one area”.
Technically they would beef up an area in the shape of strips, where the strip is the ground under the orbit of the additional (new) satellites.

Sorry, when I say “add service to an area”, it implies adding coverage to strips of land, the land under the new satellite orbit.

https://satellitemap.space/?constellation=starlink <https://satellitemap.space/?constellation=starlink>

Gene
Eugene Chang
IEEE Senior Life Member