[Starlink] Starlink "Best Effort" offering

Eugene Chang eugene.chang at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 30 13:24:15 EDT 2022

Ow… the implications on no satellite to satellite routing is all traffic is one-hop. That puts limits on big patches of the Pacific Basin. (And not a solution for trans-pacific aircraft.)

Any clues how far apart are the ground stations? That is a lot of ground stations. This makes me reconsider (terrestrial) fixed-wireless as an alternative.

Gene
Eugene Chang
eugene.chang at alum.mit.edu
+1-781-799-0233 (in Honolulu)