[Thumbgps-devel] "Plain Jane" timing GPS is working!

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at techstarship.com
Tue Apr 3 10:59:13 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

I had my Sure board working a couple of weeks ago connected SERIAL ->
Prolific adapter -> USB, with PPS patched to DCD, running NTPD on
Windows using Dave Hart's new binaries, without running GPSD.  It was
working fine within + / - 1 ms of GPS time.  It was definitely reacting
to the pulses.  Maybe you could try with NTPD only.  I was using the
"20" NMEA driver with the PPS flag 1 active.  I don't know for sure if
the Linux version of NTPD has all the features necessary to do this.

PS  I haven't seen much traffic on the thumbgps-devel list lately.  Is
this still "the place to be" for info on this project?

Sincerely,

Ron