[Thumbgps-devel] "Plain Jane" timing GPS is working!

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:31:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Ron Frazier (NTP) <timekeepingntplist at techstarship.com>:
> > PS  I haven't seen much traffic on the thumbgps-devel list lately.
> > Is this still "the place to be" for info on this project?
>
> I don't know of any other place. :-)  You're right that traffic has been
> light - I think people have been waiting on some of the tests that were
> queued up.

I was waiting on the tests  queued up, (nice going everybody!) and also
thinking a bit about the network tomography problem, and ways to attack
measuring p2p connectivity across deployed boxes. For example I started
fiddling with openhip as a possible way to enable snmp again, even behind
natted boxes. openhip is pretty cool.

But primarily I've been focused on getting cerowrt out the door in time for
the world ipv6 launch day, and have run into problems with dnssec among
others. A dnssec enabled nameserver needs to *know* it's getting valid time
before enabling dnssec, somehow.

In other side news on that I've been getting spectacular results out of the
new AQM technologies we've been fiddling with on that project, but this
isn't the list to discuss that.

Expect light participation from me here through may 5. I would certainly be
open here to a discussion of 'now that we have good time, and geolocation,
what can we effectively measure with it, and with what tools'...

--

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net