[Thumbgps-devel] the serial alternative/radio noise

Ron Frazier (NTP) timekeepingntplist at c3energy.com
Mon Mar 12 22:46:18 EDT 2012

I expect to have a Sure Electronics GPS board shortly.  Assuming I can
solder it without killing it, I will be adding PPS to the DCD pin
according to these instructions.

http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

Before I even do that, I'm going to test it with the serial output going
into a Prolific based serial - USB converter.  I want to see if it
exhibits the "drifting" behavior that I've been seeing on my Globalsat
BU-353.  Once that's done, I hope to add PPS.  I've been told by David
Taylor that I should be able to get 400 us offsets through the serial -
USB converter with PPS but haven't had a chance to test anything yet.

Sincerely,

Ron