[Thumbgps-devel] data collection

tz thomas at mich.com
Tue Mar 13 11:21:58 EDT 2012

One thing to note - a traceroute or something similar might be
necessary if we are measuring the network.
I'm down the street from Level 3, but use Comcast, and a Verizon mifi,
so packets are going to take different routes.
The GPS location is one thing, but a backbone map would also be
relevant if not required.

One thing which might help is if a major backbone vendor (cisco, arbor
networks) would adopt this technology into one of their high-end
switches.  They probably do something similar already to get somewhat
accurate time, but perhaps without the precision and they typically
aren't running stratum 1 servers on or a hop from the backbones which
might be the most interesting.