[Thumbgps-devel] PPS over USB Serial can work

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Mar 17 06:11:53 EDT 2012

Andrew McGregor <andrewmcgr at gmail.com>:
> I probably can, but it might be three weeks or so given my schedule.

Please do.

I've been watching the market for USB GPS mice since 2005.  The PL2303
is about 80% likely to be the adapter in one of these chosen at random
(allowing for sales volume of GPS types).  The FTDI SIO you tested is
the next most common type.  After that, in really small percentages,
you get the Cypress M8/CY7C64013 and the Cygnal Integrated Products,
Inc. CP210x.