[Thumbgps-devel] Progress on Plain Jane

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Mar 20 08:17:24 EDT 2012

NaviSys has agreed to send me three SiRFIII+PL2303 GPSes with a blue-wire
1PPS to DCD_N patch for $30 each.

UniTraq has agreed to send me a SkyTraq+CP-2012 GPS with 1PPS to DCD
connected.  I think this will be blue-wired, but the company rep seems
a bit confused about what is going on and I think she may have
misunderstood her engineers - she said there was "no room in the
enclosure for another PCB trace" and they'd have to send me a bare
board.  I told her that's OK for a test unit but we'll need the
production version to be enclosed.

Both companies seem actively interested in fabricating a production
version. Plane Jane is looking pretty promising.