[Thumbgps-devel] [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

tz tz2026 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:09:09 EDT 2012

SkyTraq has a different version of the 638 (not just different firmware)
that emits corrections to the pps edge to go to 10nS, and after a lock it
will work down to 1 satellite and maintain accurate pps.

I don't know of any others that retain pps if they don't have a 3d lock.

The antenna is important but it won't overcome an obscured view of the sky
- at best you will get multipath or other errors with the weak signals.