[Thumbgps-devel] Article -- Macx-1: GPS receiver with standard USB connector and PPS support

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:35:05 EDT 2012

jeeze guys, all I asked for was an estimate as to the change to the BOM.
Could be a Macx-2, might not be worthwhile at all.

My concern was that there are 6+ short power flickers a day - forcing
a reboot - in places like Nicaragua. These events are *interesting*
from a network analysis perspective, as flickers like this cause
massive network disturbances.

I don't care about battery life longer than about 30 seconds, although
a case could be made for 24 hours. Just wanted the analysis of what it
would really take, given how little power this thing sucks...

and I hate ANYTHING that needs a user-replaceable component, 5 years
after manufacture. So I'd prefer the actual analysis based on power
draw, etc, before
making any decisions.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608