[Thumbgps-devel] some more specs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:53:38 EDT 2012

"u-blox, through its in-house development of wireless transceiver modules,
has embedded cellular positioning technology, CellLocateTM, into its LEON
family of 2G and LISA family of 3G wireless modules. The technology
enables stand-alone location estimation based on surrounding GSM cell
information in conjunction with GPS positioning data to improve position-
ing in several use cases"

ooh! ooh! shiny. more from the web site:

"Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications: Many M2M applications require
positioning capability within a bounded area such as within a city,
along main vehicle or rail links, or within specific venues such as an
exhibition, entertainment or healthcare facilities. Positioning
reliability in these areas can be improved by using cellular signals
as well as GPS to provide accurate positioning. Based on an extension
of u-blox’ AssistNow Online GPS assistance service, u-blox’ CellLocate
technology is used to match cellular positioning data coupled with
previously successful GPS fixes. "

5.	 Lower power consumption:
A new powersave mode that reduces current consumption by more than
35% has been implemented. The mode provides automatic power manage-
ment to achieve the best power/performance trade-off required by specific
applications. This feature allows for autonomous and intelligent powering-
down of RF and/or baseband circuitry with automatic wakeup function.

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> From navisys
>
> "1) Our GR-601W supports Industrial operating temperature range: -40 ~
> 85℃.  It's no problem to adopt GR-601W in 3rd world with difficult
> environment. Moreover, GR-601W also supports IPX7 waterproof."
>
> Hmm... might make some headway on my long stalled out independent
> fact-checking AGW weather station project in south america....
>
> --
> Dave Täht
> SKYPE: davetaht
> US Tel: 1-239-829-5608