[Thumbgps-devel] Promoting the Macx-1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:34:20 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>:
>> http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~d/logos/cerowrt.png
>
> Nice.
>
> I think the main variable you need to optimize is the number of colors
> in the final version.  Fewer will be less expensive, on all prunted media.

I wouldn't mind going for a 3d effect somehow with blender.

And I like the idea of combining this with the existing gpsd logo.

As much as I like tux, gpsd runs on everything, so does codel, so
we can lose the penguin...

> Looks like some variants pull it down to 4 + black.

Well, it's also the number of effective pixels available on the
silkscreen and the overall area available on dongle.

This was the satellite I worked on. It wasn't pretty but it ran linux.
I liked it.

http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/trailblazer.htm

I can probably find higher resolution imagery in a model for it, but I
do have to admit the gps sats are prettier.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gps+satellite+image&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs

> --

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608