[Thumbgps-devel] supercap vs. battery in Macx-1 GPS receiver

tz thomas at mich.com
Thu May 10 14:11:25 EDT 2012

Also the Ephemeris doesn't help if you move more than about 500 miles from
the last place it was turned on.   Until it can get at least a 2d fix and
new latitude/longitude, it won't know which satellites to look for.

The same thing happens with AGPS (the ephemeris usually lasts for a week
but not more).  You need to know the UTC time and the lat/lon within 500
miles.  On my old Nokia n810 you could tap your location.