[Thumbgps-devel] bikeshed - earthquake detector

dave taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:24:27 EDT 2012

It's really amazing what watching some jugglers equipped with ardinos
and accelerometers can do to your thinking, especially if they are
speaking in a language you don't understand, but show off the simplicity
of the gerbers and chipset 4 minutes in. Gerbers are a language I do
sort of understand.

http://vimeo.com/39949357

There's all kinds of artistic things the demoscene is doing with this
now incredibly cheap stuff

http://vimeo.com/24281110

Seismograph is a possibly practical application. + Perfect time, perfect
location and altitude lock. Don't know if 12 bits at the sample rate is
useful tho. One indirect measurement is the effect on the network of
earthquakes.