[Thumbgps-devel] Macx-1, prototype #3 arrives in redwood city

dave taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:20:41 EDT 2012

My prototype arrived today.

I am on the second floor of a concrete building. Nearby are several
hundred machines (archive.org, ntp.org, the f-root cluster, etc). I am
20 feet from the nearest window, with no clear view of the sky.

I have a lock, on 6 satellites! It's still refining it's estimate as to
my attitude and speed (right now it thinks I'm moving at .6mph), but wow.

The device is smaller than I thought it would be, and feels solid in the
hand.

I like that the case is already partially transparent. Perhaps there is
a way to leverage that from a logo design.

Going to fire up the latest code in cerowrt later today.