[Thumbgps-devel] nanotube research and supercaps

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:26:22 EDT 2012

see:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Research-team-finds-way-to-link-nanotubes-1920304.php

The above article was published in 2005.

Money Quote: 'Starting with a "forest" of nanotubes chemically grown
in a drum, the research team devised a method to spin carbon nanotube
sheets at a rate of more than seven yards per minute.'

I'd done some digging at the time, (see
http://the-edge.blogspot.com/2005/08/diamond-age.html )

"The actual tested material, 18 sheets thick, had a strength of
465MPa/(g/cm^3). High strength steel is listed 125 MPa/(g/cm^3)). " -
I can't find where I got that from at the moment.

I was kind of wondering tonight how much further they'd got in the
last 7 years, and was bemused to see they were working on an
innovative supercap design, among *many* cool other things.

http://nanotech.utdallas.edu/research/index.html

But everything still seems dated 2005.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608