Lets make wifi fast again!
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [Make-wifi-fast] Bufferbloat info made it into the latest WLAN Pros Toolbox update!
@ 2026-10-09 12:28 Frantisek Borsik
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Frantisek Borsik @ 2026-10-09 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cake List, Dave Taht via Starlink, bloat, Jeremy Austin via Rpm,
	libreqos, Make-Wifi-fast

Hello to all,

Since I met Dave, I was hoping to get this done! WLAN Pros
<https://wlanprofessionals.com> is a community of WLAN, Wi-Fi engineers,
mostly working for big companies like Cisco, Juniper HPE, doing consulting
jobs in Wi-Fi or setting up big Wi-Fi networks at airports, hotels,
stadiums, cruise ships and other big venues.

I was always "harassing" them with BUFFERBLOAT when attending their WLPC
events - in fact, I'm attending the European one
<https://www.thewlpc.com/conferences/prg26> in Prague, starting tomorrow!

For years, it was:

"well, it's an ISP thing, we have nothing to do with it" or even worse
> "there is no such thing as bufferbloat!"


Now, I'm happy to report that their Educational Resources at
*https://toolbox.wlanpros.com/app/
<https://toolbox.wlanpros.com/app/>* were updated with:

*Bufferbloat: Latency Under Load* (it eventually leads to bufferbloat.net)
*LibreQoS Bufferbloat Test* (leads to https://test.libreqos.com)
*Waveform Bufferbloat Test *(leading to
https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat)

On top of this wonderful news, I'm happy to report that there will be also
one latency related talk at WLPC Prague 2026: *"Bandwidth Is a Red Herring:
Why Latency Breaks Collaboration in Wi-Fi Networks, Even with Wi-Fi 7"
<https://www.thewlpc.com/presentations/bandwidth-is-a-red-herring-why-latency-breaks-collaboration-in-wi-fi-networks-even-with-wi-fi-7-prg-26>*
yay!

All the best,

Frank

Frantisek (Frank) Borsik


*In loving memory of Dave Täht: *1965-2025

https://libreqos.io/2025/04/01/in-loving-memory-of-dave/


https://www.linkedin.com/in/frantisekborsik

Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp: +421919416714

iMessage, mobile: +420775230885

Skype: casioa5302ca

frantisek.borsik@gmail.com

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2026-10-09 12:16 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz follow: Atom feed
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2026-10-09 12:28 [Make-wifi-fast] Bufferbloat info made it into the latest WLAN Pros Toolbox update! Frantisek Borsik

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox