[Bismark-devel] Request for help on OpenWRT-based project

Tim Upthegrove tim.upthegrove at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:58:14 EDT 2011

Greetings All!

I am on a team of folks working on the BISMark project over at Georgia Tech
and around the world.

The BISMark project is part of an effort to benchmark the openness of
network connections [1] as well as a means to collect data for identifying
problems such as bufferbloat [2] in upstream networks.

Our goal is to collect performance metrics from a diverse set of locations
that sit at the edge of the Internet.

The team is using OpenWRT on the wndr3700, noxbox, and an atom based
platform.

While we are aware of resources such as this mailing list and the #openwrt
channel on irc,  we are hoping to find a few people with significant OpenWRT
development experience and insight into OpenWRT best practices, to join our
team and help get us over some humps.

Right now we could really use help with the packaging of some experimental
software. Are there any packaging experts around that could spend a few days
talking to a group of people on how to do it right?

Our end goal is not just to have a new platform which people can use, but to
provide a slew of new packages and patches back to the OpenWRT community.
[3]

More information on the project and how to participate can be seen at
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bismark/wiki , and we can be found on
irc in #bismark and #bufferbloat on freenode.net

Tim

[1] http://www.gatech.edu/newsroom/release.html?nid=65059
[2] http://www.bufferbloat.net/
[3] http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bismark/issues/<http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bismark>